Looking for the perfect craft kit, date night idea, family craft, or team-bonding activity? Popular as Valentine's Day/ Palentine's Day gifts and home decor fun!
Maizēn Package #2 is a meaningful gift to say thank you for the things and people in your life, sharing your light with others, both literally and figuratively :)
We combined both Maizen Package #1 and Maizen Package #2 for the ultimate DIY craft kit and care package for a fun night in. Introducing The Maizēn Bundle Package: the ultimate self care package for yourself, coworkers, friends, kids, partner, or even for a meaningful first date! The wonderful thing about our packages is that they are great for all ages - just check out our Etsy reviews!
Maizēn Package #1 is all about connection - with yourself and with others, while exploring a new hobby of fluid art painting. This package was thoughtfully curated for you to explore, develop, and strengthen your relationship with yourself and deepen those relationships around you that make life more colorful and whole.
Maizēn Package #2 is all about gratitude and sharing your light, especially during times of darkness. This package includes everything to make luxurious, personalized soy candles and explore the practice of gratitude journaling. [***NOTE: You will need a microwave to make the soy candles.***]
What's Inside Maizen Package #1:
- two 8”x8” blank canvases
- acrylic paints + pouring medium
- pouring cups
- connection card
Current Color Schemes Available:- Ocean Waves (dark blue, medium blue, light blue, white, and gold colors)
- Purple Peach (dark purple, grey blue, peach, white, and gold colors)
What Is Fluid Art?
Fluid art painting is an abstract form of art that involves pouring and swirling paint to achieve a marbling effect. Many see this type of painting as a form of art therapy as you may find yourself mesmerized by the movement of the paint patterns as you tilt the canvas.
What Is The Connection Card?
The connection card contains questions from a study performed by Dr. Arthur Aron* (and others) called “The Experimental Generation of Interpersonal Closeness” which explored connection and intimacy with strangers by asking gradually personal questions in three sets. This study was later referred to in articles including “The 36 Questions that Lead to Love” by Daniel Jones.
What's Inside Maizen Package #2:
- two 4 oz amber glass jars + lids
- two customizable candle labels for your own personal touch (2 different kinds included)
- candle wicks
- stir stick
- adhesive dots
- luxury fragrance oils (select one scent - see description below)
- all natural soy wax flakes
- dried rose petals (for optional use)
- one gratitude journal (w/ gratitude prompts included in instructional brochure)
- one gift bag
What You Will Need:
- oven mitts
- medium-sized microwave-safe glass jar or container
- cooking thermometer (optional)
Current Fragrance Oils Available (please select ONE)
- AFTER THE RAIN - woody with a hint of citrus and floral notes - contains eucalyptus, patchouli fragrances.
- FRESH LINEN - very bright and clean with strong floral notes - contains geranium, lavender, and bergamot fragrances.
- HIKE BEFORE SUNRISE - musky and earthy notes - contains bergamot, basil, patchouli fragrances (Mika's personal fav!).
- TROPICAL SUNSET - fruity and flowery notes - contains mango, lotus, and coconut fragrances.
- SPRING GARDEN - floral and fruity notes - contains peony, lily, rosewood, teakwood, musk, lemon, orange, and mint fragrances.
- P.S. I <3 YOU - sweet, floral, and hint of spicy and musky notes - bergamot and spicy carnation fragrances with a hint of musk fragrance.
- SWEET DREAMS - mysteriously magical and very sweet, fruity notes - contains grape, plum, peach, and rose fragrances.
- MAGNOLIA BREEZE - sweet, fruity, and floral with a hint of citrus notes - magnolia, iris, sandalwood, balsam, with a hint of peach, apple, orange, melon, and citronella fragrances
- FALL SPICE - (and everything nice) spicy with a touch of sweet and fruity notes - contains cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, vanilla, and a touch of apple fragrances.
- TOASTY CINNAMON BUNS - just YUM notes (smells exactly like a freshly baked cinnamon roll) - contains cinnamon and vanilla fragrances.
-CARAMEL CHESTNUTS ~~chestnuts roasting on an open fire ~~ a very sweet Christmas treat - contains chestnuts, caramel, vanilla, butter, and brown sugar fragrances.
- WINTER WONDERLAND - musky and earthy notes - contains pine, cedar, and musk fragrances (the perfect Christmas scent).
What is Soy Candle Making?
Soy candle making is a great craft to explore - either by yourself or with someone else. We chose this craft for this package because soy candles pair well with reflective activities, helping set the mood for a perfect night at home. They also make amazing gifts. You can select two scents to be included in your package, along with personalized labels to make a meaningful gift! Check out our shop for the newest available scents.
What Is Gratitude Journaling?
In times of darkness, we often lose our perspective of what we can control. Gratitude journaling is a powerful exercise that shifts our headspace from one of scarcity to discovering the true abundance of gifts already in our hands. You become the author of your life by bringing to light how both the peaks and valleys of life are opportunities, bringing you closer to your best, most authentic self.
Whether you are in a period of harvest, or plowing through a challenge, there is a reason to be grateful. So light your freshly-made candle, turn on some reflective tunes, and let’s journal!